Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why Fossil Fuel? Why not Camelina Fuel ?? contd...

As promised, here are some more evidences as to why Camelina can be used as a biofuel crop. As I mentioned in my previous post, Camelina can be used as a rotation crop with wheat and some farmers report that the yield of the wheat crop also increases to about 15% after the Camelina rotation.

Apparently, it is even expected that this miracle crop can yield about two times motre than the soy crops. Moreover, this mustard family crop contains high quantities which make it a excellent source of food for livestock.

In my opinion, if someone could use Camelina to get oil as well as use it as a livestock feed, why not use it. Actually I think I know why?? There are quite a few bottlenecks we are facing and I am pretty much sure that all those bottlenecks can be removed if one is serious about Camelia.

Coming up next are the bottlenecks faced by the Camelina biofuel crop and a few suggestions as to how these BIG bottlenecks can be overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment