Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why Fossil Fuels Why not Camelina Fuel??

Camelina will indeed, turn out to be a great fuel crop for biodiesel production like Miscanthus for ethanol production. Whenever, I read some news that Camelina is used as a jet fuel in several aviation vehicles, I sit and dream thinking that my favorite Camelina is gonna rule the aviation industry. Infact, I was extremely delighted when I heard someone saying that Camelina will definitely be a commercial jet fuel in 2015.

It's amazing to note that not only does Camelina require very less amount of fertilizer but also can be used as a rotation crop for wheat.The researchers from various parts of the world also report that this crop burns very cleanly and doesn't produce noxious emissions either. They thus reduce the green house emissions to a very large extent and is hence, considered to be one of the most promising biofuel crops.

Well, I think there are many people who are still ignorant of the fact that these cool crops such as Camelina can turn out to be assets.On the other hand I also appreciate that there are loads and loads of researchers,one being me toiling hard everyday trying to decipher the potential of the cabbage cousin-Camelina.

More about Camelina coming up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment